[Help] Congestion control

zack Hasit zackhasit at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 04:06:03 JST 2012

Hi Sebastian,

Every time I get a new message my call back function gets called as
expected. The call back function is slow and takes about 10 ms to
process each request. Its slow because of my custom code and that's
expected. I can run only a single thread as multi-threading is not
supported. My question is what happens to messages that are still
being sent to this Diameter Server by the client. Do that stay on the
socket buffer ? If they do stay on socket buffer then TCP/IP
congestion control will kick in which is good as it will slow down the
client (and that's what I want). However if they are being picked by
another thread off the socket then we might have a problem as my logic
is slow and cannot handle those pending queued messages.
Please let me know

Thanks